Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Cholesterol Drug Zetia Doesn't Cut Heart Attack Risk: Study

"...the pace at which artery-clogging plaques formed within vessels almost doubled in patients taking Zetia (ezetimibe) along with another cholesterol-lowering drug, Zocor (simvastatin), compared to those taking Zocor alone, the study found."

So yet again another "study" to show how a medication doesn't work.

"This wraps it up," said Dr. Steven E. Nissen, chairman of cardiology at the Cleveland Clinic. "That's all there is. There just isn't any evidence that adding ezetimibe to simvastatin produces any advantage."

And yet hundreds of thousands of people in the United States alone, were prescribed this medication. So please tell me just what the doctors read that allowed them to comfortably prescribe this medication to their patients?

It has been 27 months since I became a Reiki Practitioner and I have met many different-minded people regarding the subject of Reiki and energy medicine. Some people are extremely open, while others have literally charged me with the responsibility of evidence-based proof that Reiki works. This is something I just cannot give anyone. First and foremost I do not feel it is my job to give you proof. I do feel it is my job to lead by example. I also feel it is my job to get you to think about your choices. If you are one of those who needs proof, perhaps this latest medical study on Zetia will show you just how much garbage is pushed by your very doctor(s) and just how willing you are to go along without ever asking THEM for proof. There is a feeling of blind trust for our MD's.

I think skepticism to some degree is good. Now go and apply that same skepticism about Reiki and energy medicine to your very doctors you see and willingly take medications from.