Tuesday, May 1, 2007

About The Holistichic



I began the process of holistic healing after being diagnosed with my own illness in 1999. Finding almost no help from Western medicine I turned to acupuncture and nutrition and received Distance Reiki from a good friend who lived in another state.

When I began the process of healing my physical body from the trauma of the condition I was diagnosed with, I had no desire or understanding that this would be the beginning of a new path for me, a new understanding about not only my physical health and well-being but also my mental and spiritual health. I only knew I wanted relief from the condition. As my healing progressed I was able to relate to and understand how the mind and body are connected and how there is more to healing than meets the eye.

My initial experiences in holistic healing were more focused on acupuncture and nutrition. During this process many underlying emotional issues were able to come to the surface and I then decided to incorporate holistic talk therapy into my healing regimen as well. As I progressed in my healing, my desire to learn more about Reiki and to receive an attunement grew. Although I had the desire and had previously inquired about classes in many locations, for one reason or another the timing or the financial cost did not align with my needs.

In the fall of 2005 a continuing education booklet from Queensborough Community College/CUNY was mailed to me and in that course booklet was Reiki I and II being provided by the Nursing department. Although I am a graduate of Hunter College/CUNY and had taken animation courses at Queens College/CUNY, I had never received anything from Queensborough previously in all the years I have lived in New York City. I knew in my gut, that it was a sign that it was time to take the class and receive an attunement. The universe was telling me that I was now ready, because of the commitment I had made to my own healing, to begin the journey of becoming a holistic healer.


In October of 2005 I received my first Reiki attunement and in March of 2007 I became a Reiki Master. I have been blessed to work with two wonderful Reiki Masters and continue my studies with them. Healing is a life-long journey. It is important to understand that holistic healing is about making life-long changes and being committed to maintaining and improving your physical, emotional, and mental well-being through the therapies you choose, for the rest of your life. I continue to receive acupuncture, nutritional counseling, and Reiki treatments.